CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, October 28, 2011

Disney Cars Party

My son loves Disney's Cars!  This was a fun theme to celebrate his second birthday  I combined lots of red and black with a white/black checkered flag print.  I also used some yellow and blue.


I love decorating the front porch area.  Not only does it let guests know exactly where the party is, but it gives them a feel for the theme. 


This glitter number is easy peasy, inexpensive and adds some personalization!  Simply grab a wooden letter/number at your local craft store.  Cover with mod podge and sprinkle with matching glitter.  It might require a few coats. 


I made a couple of different favors for our special guests.  'Stoplights' for the adults and goody bags for the kiddos!



I love Etsy!  I find the cutest party tid bits there, including the file to make these fun food/drink labels.  I created the names to go along with the theme.  I also found these place card holders at Hobby Lobby.  It's all in the details :)


On the back patio we had the dessert table including 'Speedway Sweets' which were cupcakes placed around a toy race track as well as 'Chocolate Dipsticks' which were pretzel rods dipped in chocolate!  My cute birthday boy has such a sweet tooth :)



When entertaining kiddos it's best to have at least once structured activity or game planned.  We set up a 'boydshop' and each kiddo got to paint their very own wooden car to take home!


Here is my Cars topiary.  I painted the terra cotta pot red to match.  I even found Cars ribbon on sale at Wal Mart!  These are rather time consuming but turn out cute as can be!


We had a fun party and I am pleased with how everything turned out!

0 comments:

Post a Comment